Often, a pest problem needs professional attention in order to be
treated properly and quickly. Save yourself the time , money and
aggravation of trying to address an infestation yourself. Help to
protect your home and family from pest-related threat. Hire an
experienced pest control professional.
Tips For Selecting a Pest Control Professional
* Always deal with a qualified and licensed pest control company
that is a member of national, state or local pest management
* Ask friends and neighbors to recommend pest control companies
they have used successfully and how satisfied they were with the
* Be wary of the operator who comes to your home uninvited and
offers to give your house a free inspection for pests. He or she may
try to scare you into authorizing immediate and costly treatments.
* If a sizable amount of money is involved, get bids from several
* Don’t rush a decision. Since you are paying for professional
knowledge as well as skillful application of pesticides, look for
someone whose judgment you can trust.
* Before signing a contract, be sure to fully understand the nature of
the pest, the extent of the infestation, and the work necessary to
solve the problem.
* Find out if the pest control company has liability insurance to cover
any damages to your house or furnishings during treatment.
* If a guarantee is given, know what it covers, how long it lasts, what
you must do to keep it in force, and what kind of continuing control,
prevention and management are necessary.
* Buy value, not price. Beware of bargains that sound too good to be
* A federal law requires commercial applicators of “restricted use”
pest control products to be certified. The certification program is left
up to the state. Homeowners can call the certifying state agencies
* Ask if the company is a member of the Delaware Pest
Control Association. We strive to ensure that our members
meet the highest standards.
|Click here to locate a pest control professional in your area
who can assist you in proper identification and treatment of
numerous pest problems.